Traditional Kadhi; typical Pakistani dish



Kadhi Pakora(Fritters In curry)
We do not have this miraculous dish frequently, it only gets to us when nothing feels enough to satisfy the taste😋 and I have some serious cravings to spoon feed it to myself ðŸ˜…🙈🧸, it’s a way to me-pampering in endless chores of being a mom of Todd’s.
It has 3 steps:
Making of basic kadhi
The Tarka
The pakoras
Recipe for basic kadhi:
Gram flour 1 Tbsp
Yoghurt 1 small size bowl
Oil 1/4 cup
Onion 1/2 sliced
Green chillies 3
Garlic 4 to 5 cloves
Water 3-4 cups
Salt 1 teaspoonful
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoonful
Turmeric powder 1 teaspoonful
Method:
Fry onions in oil, must change to light brown, add crushed garlic, salt, red chilli pepper, turmeric, fry until masala gives the smell.Slow down the flame.
In a blender, pour the yoghurt, add the gram flour and blend, it must takes the creamy consistency.
Pour the mixture in the masala.
Cook on medium flame, stir slowly and let the mixture change its colour into slightly orangish.
Add 2 cups water, stir and leave on slow flame.
Check after half hour or when u find the mixture is starting to thicken, pour more water and leave.
Wait for the oil to surface on, turn the flame off then.
Approximately cooking time for this step is 1.5 hour.
2nd Step: The Pakoras
Onion 1 sliced
Potato small 1 cut into small cubes
Crushed red chilli 1 teaspoonful
Salt 1 teaspoonful
Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
Cilantro chopped 2 tablespoons
Green chilli sliced 2
Water around 1/3 cup
Gram flour 2 Tbsp
Add all and make a mix, adjust water as per required.
Fry till golden.
3rd Step: The Tarka
Oil 1/3 cup
Cumin
1 teaspoonful
Button chillies 8
Heat up the oil in a pan, fry cumin with button chillies and karri patta( not avl in Lahore so I did not add, though I crave its aroma), fry a bit.
Assembling: I ðŸ’– this part
Pour the Tarka over the Pre-done Basic Kadhi, cover with lid.
Throw the Pakoras in end.
Tadaaaa... done
🌸 it’s my customised Recipe, my mom told me once and I made few amendments as per my liking.

Comments