Shorba; Stew of Chicken



Being easy at yourself makes you feel better about your own things, cuisine is a word that always makes me endure the warmth I have for my kitchen, it’s the admiration in my life, it never leaves me empty about myself, though as I am born to be a cuisine chef. Fry pan, pantry, sauce books, pour over masalas, I just simply can’t think of a life without it. 
For that strong reason, I cannot thank ALLAH enough in my prayers, I will be grateful to my creator, for restoring my peace with the art of cuisine and inherit me with the taste for food.
On a lighter note, I decided to stop by the light soupy dish; shorba, in English it’s stew. It’s a first choice in our kitchen menu, be it my in-laws or my mom, we all crave for it twice a week. 
It doesn’t ask for a loaded-effort, it’s as simple as it can get. 

Ingredients:
Chicken 6 pieces (serving 2-3 people)
Onions 2 medium sized 
Tomato 1 medium sized 
Green chilies 2
Salt 1 teaspoonful 
Red 1 teaspoonful 
Turmeric 1 teaspoonful 
Whole spices powder 1 teaspoonful 
Ginger garlic paste 1 Tbsp. 
Cilantro 8 to 10 leaves 
Oil half cup

Process: 
Turn the flame on and place a cooking pot on it, add oil, add sliced onions, fry till pink n light golden, take the fried onions out, throw chopped tomato, fried onion, green chilies and a splash of half cup water, blend this mix into a smooth paste. 
Fry chicken in the same pot, till takes a slightly brown shade, add the paste, add salt, pepper, turmeric, garlic ginger paste, stir and leave it for cooking for 15 minutes, stir again and add whole spices powder, now wait for the oil to surface on sides. Use spatula vigorously, add water once oil leaves the masala, once it starts boiling, turn the flame to low and cover with the lid. Lift the lid, and your desire soup is waiting in there.

Sprinkle the cilantro on top.

Important point:
Water quantity would be on your choice, if you like to keep it diluted then add more, for a normal shorba, two glasses are good.

JzkA

Comments

Post a Comment